Hurricane & Severe Weather Info
Current Storm Information (CLICK HERE) < Link will be active during weather events
The Atlantic Hurricane Season runs from June 1 - November 30 each year. According to the National Ocean Service, hurricanes are a type of storm called a tropical cyclone, which forms over tropical or subtropical water. Hurricanes can be very dangerous and destructive due to the surges, winds, and flooding produced during the storm.
For the safety of all residents and visitors, the Town of Ocean Isle Beach is committed to providing important safety information related to natural disasters that my occur in our area.
In the event of a storm impact, please refer to the information on this page and its subpages to the right for relevant preparedness and response information.
In the event of a storm or natural disaster affecting the area on a County regional scale, information from Brunswick County Emergency Service will be made available on this page. For direct information from BCES, CLICK HERE.
The best way to ensure the safety of yourself and property during a natural disaster, is to be prepared ahead of that disaster. The best way to start your path to preparedness, is to assemble a Basic Disaster Supplies Kit. The items in your kit should be stored in airtight plastic bags, placed in one or two easy-to-carry containers, such as plastic bins or a duffel bag. Full information on building a Basic Disaster Supply Kit can be found at www.Ready.gov/Kit.
According to Ready.gov, a basic emergency supply kit could include the following:
- Water (one gallon per person per day for at least three days, for drinking and sanitation)
- Food (at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food)
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert
- First aid kit
- Extra batteries
- Whistle (to signal for help)
- Dust mask (to help filter contaminated air)
- Plastic sheeting and duct tape (to shelter in place)
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties (for personal sanitation)
- Wrench or pliers (to turn off utilities)
- Manual can opener (for food)
- Local maps
- Cell phone with chargers and a backup battery
Important Contact Information
Ocean Isle Beach Town Hall: 910-579-2166
Ocean Isle Beach Police Department: 910-579-4221
Ocean Isle Beach Fire Department: 910-579-2804
- Road Conditions for North and South Carolina - 511
- Road Conditions for Virginia - 1-800-367-7623
- North Carolina Ferry Service - 1-800-293-3779
- BEMC Power: 1-800-682-5309
- FOCUS Broadband (formerly ATMC) - 1-910-754-4311
- Spectrum - 1-800-892-4357
- U.S. Coast Guard: 910-362-4015
- American Red Cross: 1-800-733-2767
- FEMA: 1-800-621-3362
- NC Highway Patrol: 1-800-441-6127