The ABC Board meets on the last Tuesday of each month at 9:00 a.m. at the ABC Store.
It shall be the duty of the ABC board to:
- Buy, sell, transport, and possess alcoholic beverages as necessary for the operation of its ABC stores;
- Adopt rules for its ABC system, subject to the approval of the commission.
- Hire and fire employees for the ABC system;
- Designate one employee as manager of the ABC system and determine his responsibilities;
- Require bonds of employees as provided in the rules of the commission.
- Operate ABC stores as provided in Article 8;
- Issue purchase-transportation permits as provided in Article 4;
- Employ local ABC officers or make other provision for enforcement of ABC laws as provided in Article 5;
- Borrow money as provided in G.S. 18B-702;
- Buy and lease real and personal property, and receive property bequeathed or given, as necessary for the operation of the ABC system.
- Invest surplus funds as provided in G.S. 18B-702;
- Dispose of property in the same manner as a city council may under Article 12 of Chapter 160A of the General Statutes; and perform any other activity authorized or required by the ABC law.
George Montague, (Chairperson) Term Expiration: July 2025
David Martin (Member) Term Expiration: December 2024
D.B. Grantham (Member) Term Expiration: December 2024