Weather Update - Hurricane Ian 9-30-22 (8am)
Posted on Friday, September 30, 2022
Click HERE for full Hurricane Ian Weather Briefing
- Strong winds will continue to move into the area today and persist into tonight, with improving conditions during Saturday.
- Dangerous surge is expected today. Surge inundation is likely, with the worst surge impacts expected during the high tide approximately around 11:15 AM EDT (varies some by location).
- Heavy rainfall is likely with flash flooding possible today and tonight. Flooding will be especially pronounced near low-lying and other prone locations.
- A few tornadoes are possible, with the risk increasing this morning and persisting into tonight.
- Very hazardous marine conditions will continue through Saturday.