Tropical Storm Bertha Weather Advisory 5-27-2020
Posted on Wednesday, May 27, 2020
Heavy rain expected for our area today, with flooding threat for NE SC.
Hazardous marine conditions expected, as well as marginal risk of severe weather.
•Tropical Storm Bertha formed near the SC coast
•Storm will push farther inland across portions of SC today
•Heavy rain expected for our area today, with flooding threat for NE SC
•Hazardous marine conditions expected, as well as marginal risk of severe weather
• Flash Flood Watch for NE SC through 6am Thursday. 1.5” – 2.5” of rain forecast, with locally higher amounts expected.
• Due to recent rainfall and saturated soils, flooding is possible with heavier rains.
• 1” – 2” of rain forecasted for SE NC. Flooding of low-lying and poor drainage areas possible.
• Marginal risk of severe weather for NE SC and SE NC today, particularly this afternoon. Main threat: Isolated severe gusts within thunderstorms. Isolated/brief tornado can’t be ruled out, mainly along the coast and further inland NE SC.
• Gale Warning for NE SC Coastal Waters through 6pm this evening, mainly for gale force (34+ kt) wind gusts.
• Small Craft Advisory in effect for SE NC coastal waters through 7am tomorrow morning.
• High risk of rip currents for all area beaches today.